Iona

Where Is Wallis?

My name is Iona English. I am currently a 20 year old Media Production student doing a degree at Brooksby Melton College, which doesn't exactly lean towards the idea of me being a massive and proud book worm, but I am. I love to read. My favourite genre's are YA Contemporary, Sci-Fi and Fantasy, with some Classics thrown in.

Where to find me:

Kat Rosenfield
Blackout
Robison Wells
Burial Rites

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) - Susan Ee For a more in depth review go to: http://inky-pages.blogspot.com/2012/02/this-is-review-that-has-been-long-time.htmlThis is a review that has been a long time coming and considering that it probably should be better than it is but nevertheless I digress. This is the debut novel from Susan Ee and considering it was less than a pound on Amazon I did not expect to be very impressed with this book. However I cannot get enough of Angel stories and so I bought it figuring it would be a quick unimpressive read and then I could move on to something more stimulating. Oh boy was I wrong and may I just say that I am so glad to finally have a book where angels are actually bad-asses and bad guys. Susan Ee’s writing is pretty incredible “ironically, since the attacks, the sunsets have been glorious. Outside our condo window, the sky flames like a bruised mango in vivid orange, reds and purples.” That is the first sentence and doesn’t it just pull you straight in? It sets the pace for the whole novel, how there is beauty in destruction. This book reminds you constantly that it is Pen’s fight to find her sister and not some silly romance about a silly girl falling for a beautiful angel. It makes you think. Like for example how you judge people for loving monsters but when the people you love become monsters you do anything you can to help them. Pen has had a hard life and it is getting harder each minute because of the world she now lives in but it is such a believable world and her journey is so honest and human that I did not once question the authenticity. Well done Susan Ee, brilliant novel.